For New Patients
Your First Appointment at
Richmond Nephrology Associates
We look forward to meeting you and providing the highest quality of care in a warm and friendly environment.
To ensure your first visit with us goes as smoothly as possible, and to prevent any prolonged waiting before the appointment, please be sure to complete this checklist before arriving at our office:
- Take about 15 minutes to print and fill out the New Patient Package.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- A urine sample will be requested during your appointment, so do not empty your bladder prior to arriving.
- Bring all medications with you to the appointment.
- If your insurance requires a referral, please make sure you have it with you or call your primary care physician to obtain one.
- If your insurance requires you to pay a copay, you must pay it at the time of your visit.
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please give 24 hours notice to avoid a $35 fee.
We accept all kinds of insurance. If your insurance requires you to pay a copay, you must pay it at the time of your visit. Be sure to bring your health insurance card to your appointments.
If you'd like to check to see if we take your insurance prior to your appointment, please call our Business Office at (804) 272-5814.
If your insurance requires you to get a referral, please make sure that you get a referral prior to your appointment.
What to Expect
During your initial office visit with a Richmond Nephrology Associates physician, you will be reviewing the information you provided in the New Patient Package, discussing your medical history and providing a urine sample.
The doctor you see will give you plenty of time to ask questions or discuss concerns about your treatment.
To help our patients and their family members understand kidney issues and other topics on renal health, we have provided the links below.