After a distinguished military career, Dr. Christopher Acker joined Richmond Nephrology Associates in January, 1997. Dr. Acker specializes in the study and treatment of kidney disease.
With a Chemistry degree from Rochester Institute of Technology and his M.D. from University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Dr. Acker has also been the Medical Director of DaVita Chester since joining Richmond Nephrology Associates in 1997.
Dr. Acker has garnered several distinctions in medicine during his career, including being named as a “Top Doc” in Nephrology in Richmond Magazine’s April 2011 edition.
Together with nurse practitioner Kendall, Dr. Acker takes every opportunity to spend time with his patients, helping them better understand their kidney disease.
Christopher Acker, M.D., F.A.S.N.
- Rochester Institute of Technology, 1984
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, M.D. Degree, 1988
- Eisenhower Army Medical Center, 1988-91
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center: Nephrology Fellow 1995-96
- Board Certified for Nephrology and Internal Medicine
- Medical Director of DaVita Chester